Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Eminem "Berzerk"

This is the first single from the upcoming Marshall Mathers LP 2 which is set to be released on November 5.

I really really liked this song from the very first time I heard it. The hook is great and the rap is fast and clever, just like I like it to be from Eminem.

But the video. The video is something else. It's an old-school-looking video with cameo after cameo.  It does exactly what I want a music video to do. It enhances my enjoyment of the song when I'm not watching the video anymore.

I mean, for one thing Rick Rubin is basically on-screen as much as Eminem. He may actually get MORE screen time. And I think that's awesome. Plus Kendrick Lamar makes an appearance and I think he's great. This new album could be very interesting.


No comments: