Sunday, September 15, 2013

Countdown: The First Alternative Songs Top 10!

Shriekback
It's a trip back to the 80's this week as we look at the very first Top 10. There was no "last week this song was at number..." for this chart. Songs just were at the positions that they were at. Pretty mind-boggling. Like thinking about the universe as it was forming. No? Well, you clearly don't think of the world of the Alternative Songs chart as being the universe like I do. :)

If I make my fortune and can switch to just doing podcasts for my job, I'd like to do one current and one flashback countdown a week until I caught up. That would be insane. But hey, maybe I'm a little insane.

25th Anniversary Show (The First Countdown)

***Featuring***
Big Audio Dynamite
The Escape Club
Information Society
The Primitives
Psychedelic Furs
Shriekback
Siouxsie and the Banshees
UB40 featuring Chrissie Hynde
Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers
10,000 Maniacs

No comments: