Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Avicii "Wake Me Up!"

I was really really hoping that this song would jump up into the top 10 this week. It's one of my favorite songs currently on the chart. And the video is kind of an old school effort. It tells a story, definitely has an arc, and all of that.

I like the way the two different styles of music are blended together in this song. For a while, I'd only seen a short clip of it and I thought, "I thought Avicii was an EDM (electronic dance music) guy, but this sounds basically like a folk song" and then I watched the whole video and it all clicked.

If you're wondering, the vocals are by Aloe Blacc, who I know from having a song that made the longlist for the Contrast Podcast Festive Fifty in 2010 for his song "I Need a Dollar". I don't believe that that song made the Festive Fifty, though. This song makes me want to investigate his discography.

ANYWAYS, here's the video!


No comments: