Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams "Blurred Lines"

This TTT is going to feature more videos than usual (I was going to put an exact number, but, frankly, I haven't quite decided what all I'm including) because this has been a big controversial song this summer!

It has been the #1 song basically all summer and, at 11 weeks, has been #1 for twice as long as any other song this year. It's a big deal.

So first, the SFW (safe for work) version of the video:



And now, the NSFW (not safe for work) version (topless girls) which you have to imagine is most likely the "Way the Video Was Intended" version


And then, pretty much immediately, a "gender reversed" version was made, intended to show how exploitative the video is and how ridiculous it would be if the men were replaced with women and vice versa. But I like both versions.



Ok, so I'm not going to get into all of the hullabaloo that is happening with the Marvin Gaye lawsuit stuff. In fact, I think that we all need to sit back, relax, pick up our maracas and play along with this much less incendiary version.


No comments: