Thursday, January 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 1991

10. Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
9. Surface - The First Time
8. Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity
7. Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)
6. Wilson Phillips - Impulsive
5. DNA featuring Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner


So, even though this video is credited to just Suzanne Vega, this actually is the DNA version. How do I know? I have it on good authority that the original SV version was completely a cappella. And this is decidedly not a cappella.

I love this song and there's so much cool stuff to read about it. More than fits the format of a Throwback Thursday post.

You can click on over to the Wikipedia page and be as fascinated as I was, though.

Incidentally, here's the original version, for the curious:


4. Damn Yankees - High Enough
3. Bette Midler - From a Distance
2. Stevie B - Because I Love You (The Postman Song)
1. Madonna - Justify My Love

No comments: