Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Pitbull featuring Ke$ha "Timber"


I will readily admit that this song is on here today because it's the only song on the Top Ten that I haven't already featured.

I'm not a huge fan of either artist but I'll concede that the song is pretty catchy. I heard a statistic that this song is like 80% chorus, 15% instrumental, and 5% verses. Which is interesting. It means that the song is catchy because it's basically a chant of the catchy Ke$ha chorus over and over, spiced up with a couple of short verses by Pitbull. And yet she's only a featured artist. Interesting.

This isn't the worst song I've ever heard. I wonder how close to the release and popularity of Avicii's "Wake Me Up" this song was conceived. It could be a coincidence, but I think it's interesting to see another example of the dancification/hiphoptimization of the culture of country music.


No comments: