Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball"

So I decided to feature this song this week instead of the Pitbull/Ke$ha collab (that'll be next week if nothing new enters the Top 10) because I enjoy this one slightly more.

But I made an executive decision to play the SNL rendition as opposed to the controversial Official Music Video. I watched both and it just feels like the song gets more attention in this video and the nude wrecking ball straddling and sledgehammer licking get a little more attention in the Official one.

Though I will say that the Official Video wasn't was incendiary or shocking as everyone was claiming a couple of months ago. It seems to me that it was just a pretty typical music video. Maybe on the racy side, but those are the times we live in.

And I also don't think her claim of a Sinead O'Connor influence is that far-fetched either. The straight-on confessional aspect of the shot that opens the video and recurs throughout the video is almost a direct tribute to "Nothing Compares 2 U"

You know what? I'm going to post both. What the hell?





No comments: