Friday, December 20, 2013

One Year, 100 Albums: #55 NOFX - The War on Errorism


NOFX The War on Errorism, 2003

This is an album I bought during the period leading up to my final exams in my Spring Semester of SYoC. I remember because I listened to it a number of times in the study hall in the basement of the dorm I lived in that year. I did not get a lot of studying done. But I guess it turned out for the best.

The Fat Wreck Chords website informed me that this was the first NOFX album to be put out by them. Just to fill you in, Fat Mike is the singer and bass player for NOFX. And he runs Fat Wreck Chords. NOFX had, up until this album, been on Epitaph. Which is something that, if I was aware of it, I was not actively aware of it.

I like this album because of the way it blends pretty honed political criticism with the trademark NOFX subject matter (drinking, sex, punk rock, hating NOFX).

By now you should know the refrain of most of these posts so join in if you'd care to:

It has a varied sound and I can sing along to every song!

For the breakdown of songs that I'm featuring, the video is one of the political songs, the MP3's are two of the NOFXical songs.

I still think "We Got Two Jealous Agains" is a fantastic metaphor for the merging of two lives that comes with moving in with someone/getting married. Sadly (I guess? I don't know the full backstory on it) the most recent NOFX album had a song called "I've Got One Jealous Again, Again" which is funny and self-referential and devastating.



NOFX - Anarchy Camp
NOFX - We Got Two Jealous Agains

You can buy The War on Errorism from Fat Wreck Chords, Amazon, Amazon MP3, and iTunes

No comments: