Thursday, December 19, 2013

6 Years Later.


Exactly 6 years ago, I hit "Publish" on the first post of this blog.

It was a very very wordy post and I kind of like that. Sometimes I'm wordy. :)

Things have drastically changed not only around this blog, but also around blogs in general. Only a handful of the Contrast Podcast music bloggers whose ranks I joined in '07 are still posting. And now there are a lot more collaborative blogs where teams of bloggers publish to one site, sometimes a dozen posts in a day, sometimes more.

I'm not going to puff up my chest and talk about how I was here before all that. Actually, funny story. Before this blog, I had a LiveJournal account (like a certain sliver of my generation did at the time), but before that, I tried to see if I could use Blogger. And I did NOT like it. Haha. I recently found my old LJ and scrolled all the way back to the beginning (something like 2003? 2004?) only to find myself ridiculing the blogging tool I later would decide was MUCH more to my liking. Oh, my fickle nature.

Anyways, thank you for coming by my blog if you have over the past 6 years. I have no intention of going anywhere. So I'll leave you with the song I posted on that very first post and a song that I loved from 2013.

Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise
Chance the Rapper - Cocoa Butter Kisses

No comments: