Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Lady Gaga "Applause"


I was excited this week because I saw that Eminem's new song made the Top 10 and it meant that I could hold off Lady Gaga or Miley for another week, but the song doesn't have a proper video yet. So my plan is to put the Lady Gaga song on this week and, as long as the Eminem song is still in the Top 10 next week, put it on, even if it's just the audio version.

Say what you will about the genre of music she makes, you can't say that Lady Gaga's videos aren't interesting to watch. She definitely has cribbed some stuff from Madonna. Plus maybe like Bowie? I'm not sure. Certainly not the worst song I've ever heard and some interesting visual stuff, to boot.

I guess I was a little hesitant to put a Lady Gaga song on my site, but the thing is that I am interested in exploring, or at least taking a peek at, as much music as I possibly can. And sometimes that takes the form of a relatively unknown Scottish band and sometimes it takes the form of this. And it would be a disservice to what I want to do here, if I cut myself off of this mega-popular stuff.

No comments: