Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 1969

This month should be pretty great! 1969-1966!

10. Three Dog Night - One
9. The Guess Who - These Eyes
8. Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby


I love this song and I love Marvin Gaye. So I put it on the popst, but i figured it was kind of a drag just to see a static image of a 45....

7. The Edwin Hawkins' Singers Featuring: Dorothy Combs Morrison - Oh Happy Day
6. The Friends of Distinction - Grazing in the Grass
5. Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
4. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising


...so I also put this CCR track on. This video was edited by a guy in Finland (I think?) and the track is a LITTLE sped up, but I didn't really notice. There are a number of songs on this Top Ten that I considered featuring. Like "Oh Happy Day" and "Grazing in the Grass" and, of course, "Get Back", but I have a feeling we're going to see more Beatles songs this month and I couldn't find a good Rooftop Concert video.

3. Elvis Presley - In the Ghetto
2. Henry Mancini and His Orchestra - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
1. The Beatles with Billy Preston - Get Back

No comments: