Thursday, November 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday: 1998

10. Edwin McCain - I'll Be
9. Faith Hill - This Kiss
8. Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed to Be Here
7. Jennifer Paige - Crush
6. Dru Hill featuring Redman - How Deep is Your Love
5. 98 Degrees - Because of You
4. Barenaked Ladies - One Week



3. Monica - The First Night
2. Divine - Lately
1. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)


Well, I was only going to do the Lauryn Hill song because 1) It's a cool video and 2) It's a fantastic song. But then I saw that BNL had a song at #4 and I wanted to do both. So, dammit, I did both. It's cool to think that both of these songs were on the Top 10 at the same time.

Also, I was definitely one of the kids who got into BNL because of "One Week" and that's mildly embarrassing until I realize that there are a LOT of us out there and that it's a silly thing to be even mildly embarrassed about.

Actually, I think I got into Lauryn Hill because of "Doo Wop (That Thing)" so I mean, I guess that's the theme of this post: Songs That Gatewayed Me Into the Band/Singer. Cool.

No comments: