Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: DOUBLE FEATURE: Taylor Swift "Blank Space"/Sam Smith "I'm Not the Only One"

So, to kick off my Thanksgiving week of not having any regular features happen the way they normally do (kinda like I'm a real network!), I didn't have a Top Ten Tuesday last week. So this week, we're going to feature two songs!!

It's really a shame that I missed out on featuring this Taylor Swift song the week it went to number one. In doing so, it made Taylor Swift the first female artist (and tenth overall) to replace themselves at #1. The other 9 were: The Beatles, Boyz II Men, Puff Daddy, Ja Rule, Nelly, Outkast, Usher, T.I, and the Black Eyed Peas. Pretty amazing stuff.

This video is pretty amazing, too. Great visuals to a song that, I don't know about you but, I really like a lot!



And for the second part of our double feature, another very cinematic, very old-school-feeling video from Sam Smith. It features the girl who played Quinn on Glee and the guy who plays Danny on The Mindy Project, which feels like it should be a generation off, but I guess isn't?


No comments: