Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Festive Fifty 2013 Top Ten

And this catches us up to last year! You can look at similar posts from the previous Festive Fifties, or listen to the new episodes for this year as they come out by clicking the Festive Fifty tag at the bottom of the page!

10. Josh Ritter - Joy to You Baby
9. The National - I Should Live in Salt
8. MS MR - Hurricane
7. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
6. Bastille - Pompeii
5. James Blake - Retrograde


4. Dessa - Skeleton Key


3. Dessa - Fighting Fish


2. Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky

 
1. Lorde - Royals

3 comments:

Rickey said...

Don't remember what episode you revealed that "Riptide" did not make the Festive Fifty... I was VERY surprised to hear that. BUT I have to admit, I left it off my SHORTLIST because I figured it would be on everyone else's, and opted for his "Mess Is Mine" as #1. But, if I voted without "strategy" My top 3 would have been "Riptide," Phantogram's "Fall In Love" (which I ranked #9) and Bleachers's "Rollercoaster." (also left off the list, and instead their "Reckless Love" was #7)... I'm sure voting the other way wouldn't have made much difference, but just wondering how many people might have done the same? Speaking solely about "Riptide" here, of course.

James! said...

Riptide was THIS close to making the festive fifty. If it had been a festive 55, riptide would have made it

James! said...

Of course this is the top ten for last year but its all part of the festive fifty discussion