Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe"

So this is going to be a new feature on my blog. You might hate it. But you might not.

Every Tuesday, I'm going to talk a little about a song that is in the Top Ten of this week's Hot 100. And then I'll post the video if I can find it. Something from YouTube, in any case

Just so we're clear on continuity, this will be for the issue of Billboard in which NEXT Sunday's countdown chart appears.

This week, I want to share with you some really sugary sweet poppy goodness. It's such an addictive song. I've been really into it for the past two or so weeks (I'm blushing a little as I type that because it's VERY teeny-bopper music, but I'm working to accept my poppier leanings) and I was happy to see it make the Top 10 this week. It moves up from #18 to #10.

I guess her story is that she placed like 3rd on a recent season of Canadian Idol? Or Canada's Got Talent or something. I could look it up......but I probably won't.

This video ALSO makes me blush, as I'm not generally drawn to videos of cute girls lusting after ab-y boys, but if you watch to the end, I think you'll find, as I did, that it has a cute little twist.



See you next week! If you dare.... :)

(I just realized, the first episode is debuting on the 10th. So of course, I'll post it at 10 am. I love this kind of thing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and follow daily. This song is definitely catchy! There are so many versions now on youtube.

You should check out the Call Me Maybe Remix by Ben Friedman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfp0fLqd_-s&context=C4086babADvjVQa1PpcFO_B20xMhYSqDEmnCPM4TqeKuvv9XxQhGs=