Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 2012 Media Update


I usually anticipate this post so much. It's weird that I very nearly forgot it today. March was kind of a lost month for me, though, so hopefully April picks up and I find myself doing work that I love for money that can support the PEOPLE I love!


Last Song/MP3 I listened to: I re-listened to Felicia Day's episode of KCRW's Guest DJ Project while I was doing a couple errands tonight. She's almost as delightful to listen to as she is to watch. She was talking about the last song, which is one she wrote with help from Jed Whedon. So that's pretty cool. She's launching a YouTube channel called Geek & Sundry tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to that, so I thought I'd indulge her being on my mind a little.

Last TV show I watched: We spent much of the weekend catching up on "Parenthood" which has always been a show we've enjoyed, but has never been a show we have been great about watching week in and week out. So now we're basically catching up on the whole season. The last one we finished was "Forced Family Fun" which aired on November 1st, so that should tell you about where we are with that. Loving it, though.

Last Movie I watched: After "Parenthood" was over, we didn't feel like starting a new one as that would involve switching over to Hulu, but we didn't feel like going to bed just yet. So we watched that last 30-45 minutes of Baby Mama, which I absolutely love. I think it is a well-written movie, with a great cast and has hilariously quotable lines. If you haven't seen it, I heartily recommend it.

Last Written Work I read: Last month, I think I used like 3 paragraphs to talk about the various books that could count as "The Last Written Work I've Read", but this month, it's simple. I'm reading "Knight Errant" which is a Star Wars book that I bought from Amazon. I would normally have gotten it from the library, but they didn't have it, so when I'm done, I'll be donating it to them. And I'm very excited about that! I'm enjoying the book. It's not a mind-blowing experience, but it's definitely an entertaining read.

Boom. Media Update Complete. See you in May! Geez. This year is FLYING by.

No comments: