Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shy Around Strangers - "Never Look Down"

It's not often that you get the opportunity to get into a band with their very first single. Well, maybe YOU get that opportunity all the time, but it's not often that I do.

I got an email in the middle of last week from Shy Around Strangers asking me to check out their debut single.

It's called "Never Look Down" and, if all has gone according to plan, I have embedded it below this line.



Yay! Man, isn't Bandcamp amazing?

Anyways, listen to this song. Then download it (for FREE!) and listen to it again. It gets catchier with each listen.

The drummer does some awesome stuff with the hi-hat and that was what caught my ear initially. Emily Powers' voice is slightly scratchy but still delicate and that will get me every time. Plus the atmosphere of the song (and the album art) is kinda futuristic so you get this effect of like a seedy dive bar in 2050. Which is cool.

Shy Around Strangers will be releasing their debut EP in August and I will be anxiously waiting to hear more from them.

Visit them at their website! From there, you can follow them on Twitter, like them on Facebook, or Join the Mailing List!

No comments: