Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"If you believe in what you are doing - persist"

That quote was tweeted by Jamie Walton this afternoon and it's basically the reason why I didn't skip last week's chart. I believe in this podcast and I'm going to persist, even if it means publishing a countdown super late.

By the by, Jamie Walton is the founder of The Wayne Foundation, whose aim is to "provide women who have fallen victim to commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking with a means of leaving the sex industry for good....by providing individuals with a safe home environment that will empower them with the tools they will need to stop the cycle of abuse." It's a charity that I have really started to feel inspired to support. I would ask you to donate some money to them, because they're just getting started and they need anything you can give.

I'm also tossing around the idea of putting together a compilation to benefit The Wayne Foundation. If you are in a band or know a band that would like to contribute a song, email me and let me know. I think I would sell it on BandCamp, but I haven't even begun to hammer out the details yet. But I do have one band that has said they'll do it if it comes together. It's a good cause and would also mean a little more publicity for your band. So, you know, win-win.

ANYways...

Countdown #50

***Featuring***
The Black Keys
Cage the Elephant
Foo Fighters
Foster the People
Linkin Park
Middle Class Rut
Mumford & Sons
Rise Against
Smashing Pumpkins
Young the Giant

No comments: