Saturday, April 23, 2011

Their Mix

So, I had an idea for my sister's 17th birthday. I have a lot of friends who have great taste in music. So why not ask some of them to contribute a song each and make her a mix cd in addition to the one I was already making her! And so I did just that. And here's the mix I ended up with.

What I forgot is that some of my friends are also rule breakers ;-) as you'll see.

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed. I appreciate it and I think I can speak for my sister when I say "What is this crap?" ;-) But seriously, I know I can count on my imaginary (and, in two cases, real-life) friends to come through with an amazing mix like this.

You should also know that it was this mix that led me to the idea about the compilation cd that i was talking about in the previous post. And if I can pull that off, I think I might be even more proud of it than I am of my podcast!

KMP BDAY 2011 "Their Mix"

1. Marc & the Mambas - A Million Manias (From Kev)
2. The Format - Dog Problems (From KT)
3. Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (From Andy)
4. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Reminisce (Part Two) (From Adam)
5. Big Star - Thirteen (From Jessewells)
6. Laura Marling - Ghosts (Also From Jessewells)
7. Lou Reed - Perfect Day (Again, From Jessewells)
8. The Twilight Sad - Cold Days from the Birdhouse (From Matthew)
9. Ultravox - Sleepwalk (From Tricia)
10. The Sound - Counting the Days (Also From Tricia)
11. Morrissey - Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference (Again, From Tricia)
12. Bourgie Bourgie - Breaking Point (From JC)
13. Broken Social Scene - Anthems For a Seventeen Year Old Girl (From Marcy)
14. An Intro By Dirk
15. Pulp - Common People (From Dirk)
16. Jellyfish - New Mistake (From Greer)
17. Wayne County & the Electric Chairs - Wonder Woman (From FiL)
18. Soil and Pimp Sessions - Go Next! (From Riley)
19. !!! - Steady as the Sidewalk Cracks (From Riley)
20. Harold's Leap - Being Just Like You (From Tim)

Download the whole mix HERE

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not sure which bothers me more -- that your sister is SEVENTEEN OMG!!! or that you didn't ask me to suggest a song.

(Okay, fine, I get it. I wouldn't want to listen to my suggestions either if I wasn't me. I admit I have crap taste in music.)

(Also, tell your sis I say happy birthday!)

James! said...

What would you have suggested? Send it to me and I'll send it to her :) you don't have crap taste. You just have your own special taste :)

Erin said...

How about a whole CD's worth of songs?

Quit Playing Games With My Heart (Backstreet Boys)
You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi)
Can't You Just Adore Her? (Mandy Moore)
Girl All the Bad Guys Want (Bowling for Soup)
Whattaya Want From Me? (Adam Lambert)
Changes (David Bowie)
Juicy (Better Than Ezra)
Dressed to Kill (NFG)
Shimmer (Fuel)
Mercy (Duffy)
The Boxer (Carbon Leaf)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (Deep Blue Something)
So Yesterday (Hilary Duff)
We Used to Be Friends (Dandy Warhols)
You're So Vain (Carly Simon)
Fire and Rain (James Taylor)

How's that for eclectic? Since I'm willing to bet you don't have at least a handful of those songs (if you have Hilary Duff I will let you pick my toppings next time we go to Cheeburger Cheeburger and I will not complain about whatever you choose), I will burn her a CD and give it to you to pass along :)

James! said...

Perfect.

Are you still up for doing a guest review of countdown songs? If so, I can trade you a cd with tracks t review for the cd for my sister...