Thursday, March 3, 2016

Throwback Thursday: 1991 (1 Week at #1) (Part 2)

There were 13 songs that spent a week at #1 in 1991. This is the second week of covering them. These songs came from the first half of the year.

Extreme - More Than Words (6/8)

This song, along with "Be With You" by Mr. Big are the only two songs that you can play with just an acoustic guitar and till not feel at all vulnerable playing in front of your bros. Also, I want to learn how to play this on guitar.



Hi-Five - I Like the Way (The Kissing Game) (5/18)

I wasn't familiar with this song prior to posting it here, but it just goes to show that there will always be boy bands. I bet there are some people that grew up LOVING Hi-Five.


Roxette - Joyride (5/11)

A song I don't know by a band I KIND OF know. They sang "It Must Have Been Love". I think this was the follow-up.


Wilson Phillips - You're in Love (4/20)

Another follow-up single that I'm not really that familiar with. This has to be the follow-up to "Hold On", right?


Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You (4/13)

Here's a song that brings back memories of the early 90's, listening to the soft rock radio with my mom in Nebraska. I never remember this is one of those songs, but it totally is.


Timmy T - One More Try (3/23)

Here's a guy I've never heard of, but this song is better than I thought it was going to be. Like, if you wanted a good song to slow dance to or something, right?


Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You) (1/19)

This is her 5th #1 single and her 4th #1 single from Rhythm Nation (sigh. Ok. full title Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 but you know what I mean)

No comments: