Thursday, March 10, 2016

Throwback Thursday: 1990 (1 Week at #1) (Part 1)

12 Songs spent 1 week at #1 in 1990, so I split them into two halves. This half only goes until the beginning of October. Crazy.


Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight (12/1)

Whitney has so many songs that I forget are by her, because I think of them as staples of the era. This is one of them


Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (11/3)

I mean, what is there to say about this song that hasn't already been said. Yeah, it's cheesy. But it's also catchy as hell.


Janet Jackson - Black Cat (10/27)

Whoa. This is like Janet's "Beat It"! Listen to those guitars! Kind of upsetting that it got replaced by Vanilla Ice...


James Ingram - I Don't Have the Heart (10/20)

Look at him! Coming in and sitting down at the piano and just being like "Let's Do This."


George Michael - Praying For Time (10/13)

In the world where everyone is posting lyric videos on YouTube all the livelong day, this doesn't look like much, but imagine it among the flashy videos it would have been played among. It would have been pretty jarring.


Maxi Priest - Close to You (10/6)

So interesting to hear which songs that, like this one, have that classic early 90's pop production but actually spent a little time at #1. I feel like I'm 7 again...

No comments: