Thursday, March 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday: 1990 (1 Week at #1) (Part 2)


In 1990, there were 12 songs that only spent 1 week at #1. Last week we looked at 6 songs that did it in the last 3 months of the year. (Amazing!) Here are the rest!

Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love & Affection (9/29)

So they're twins and they're the only ones in their band with blonde hair. This is a pretty straightforward example of the kind of stuff that Nirvana took out, right? I did like the part where the one guy wanted to play and the other guy wanted to look at girls. And then they started singing and looked around when their voices were amplified.


Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory (9/8)

I've never seen either of the Young Guns movies. Are they worth checking out? This song was the theme to Young Guns II. I've previously mentioned that I love music videos that feature shots from the movie they're from. This is no exception. Though it does make me wonder: Why would you put a drive-in theater THERE?


Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True (9/1)

Another in the long procession of #1 songs by a trio of R&B women (see also: The Supremes, TLC, Destiny's Child).  This isn't the most groundbreaking song, but it's not terrible.


Wilson Phillips - Hold On (6/9)

I'm astounded that this only spent 1 week at #1. I guess it's taken on more of a nostalgia presence, but this feels like it was a HUGE song. And I still love it.


Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything (4/14)

So, I'm not making fun, but have we checked that Neville Longbottom didn't travel back in time and change his name to Tommy Page?


Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back (4/7)

Think about all those years Taylor Dayne spent living the high life as THE "Taylor" of pop music (First Name Division). And then...SHE came along and ruined EVERYTHING!



No comments: