Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Anna Kendrick "Cups (Pitch Perfect's When I'm Gone)"

So I was blown away by the movie Pitch Perfect last year. I went in with zero expectations and I left thinking about the movie a LOT for the next week and then off and on for the next year or so. I got the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack from my wife for my birthday and watched it for a second time when I was in the hospital after she had our son. It definitely holds up.

So the main character in the movie is played by Anna Kendrick and, after everyone else has auditioned for the acapella groups with renditions of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone", she comes in late and auditions with this:




So I guess that little ditty was pretty popular because they had her re-record it and turned it into a proper pop song. Which is cool, I guess. But also a little strange. It's in the Top Ten this week, so here's the video for the re-recorded song:



Anna Kendrick "Cups" Music Video by FanReviews

No comments: