Monday, April 1, 2013

Monthly Poll: Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York


So I want to focus a little more on these Alternative Album Grammy Winners that I'm playing for bonus songs on the Countdown. So I think, on the first Monday of every month, I'm going to do a little retrospective poll related to the album from the proceeding month.

February's album was Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York

Please answer the following questions in the comments section. (If you don't have an answer, feel free to skip the question)

1. What is your favorite track on MTV Unplugged in New York? (Spotify)

  • About a Girl
  • Come As You Are
  • Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam
  • The Man Who Sold the World
  • Pennyroyal Tea
  • Dumb
  • Polly
  • On a Plain
  • Something in the Way
  • Plateau
  • Oh, Me
  • Lake of Fire
  • All Apologies
  • Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

2. What is your favorite Nirvana album?
3. Which do you feel should have won the Grammy, if not MTV Unplugged in New York:
  • Bjork Post
  • Foo Fighters Foo Fighters
  • PJ Harvey To Bring You My Love
  • The Presidents of the United States of America The Presidents of the United States of America

3 comments:

Allston Branch said...

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? was my favorite track.
This was an especially good album for bonus tracks.
Hope your throat's feeling better!!!

Chadwick said...

My favorite track is "Something in the Way". Just love how dark it is. Favorite Nirvana album is actually the Unplugged album. Believe it or not, I learned about Nirvana from my mom. Unplugged was her favorite album for the longest time, so I heard it nonstop growing up. And finally, I think the Foo Fighters should have had an Unplugged in New York album (out of the list you gave me). They have the most robust library out of the choices you gave.

James! said...

Great responses everyone! Sounds like people like subdued Kurt Cobain :)

Chad, that's an awesome story about your mom. "Jesus Don't Want Me For a Sunbeam" came on SiriusXM the other day and I thought about little you and little Jesse running around while your mom listened to it!