Monday, April 15, 2013

Flux capacitor

One chilly night in 2007,  I was looking at iTunes celebrity playlists. 3 years and some months later, I would start my podcast. But this was the night that led to all that. I happened to post in my LiveJournal that night. Here is that post.


  • 1/18/2007 22:13

  • Music: Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

I'm half the man I used to be

So i'm looking at the celebrity playlists of the american idol winners tonight. That's right. That's the kind of thing i spend my evenings doing. And this guy Bo Bice likes this soundgarden song "outshined"

let me back up.

I have such trouble spending iTunes gift certificates. I never want to buy whole albums, because what if i want the albums in real life? So i've resorted to greatest hits albums, albums that i don't expect to want to see the liner notes, and songs that i like but i don't expect to like the rest of the album. and tonight i discovered a new category.

songs that remind me of listening to DC101 in middle and high school. bands like soundgarden, STP, sponge, spacehog, and the toadies. it's weird that most of the bands that i just listed start with s. oh! cracker. i mean, these are bands that i don't think i need the cd from them, but i would like to hear the songs. i have an STP album and really the standout tracks are the tracks you would pick from the radio. which might make hardcore stp fans cringe (do hardcore stp fans exist?) but for me it's true. "sex type thing" finished on my iPod and i totally expected to hear the dc101 tag. man  i miss dc101. i just don't listen to the radio that much anymore. maybe i should. or maybe i should just buy the songs i miss:)

by the way does anyone have sponge - molly (sixteen candles)? i would have to buy the whole album to get that one on iTunes. yay! 

No comments: