Saturday, September 1, 2012

September 2012 Media Update


In my last Media Update, I was gearing up for "BLOGPOCALYPSE 2012!!!" which didn't turn out as amazing as I had hoped, but I suppose I did overhype it even more than I admitted to in the post....oh well :)

August was another blur and, as I mentioned at the end of last month's post, K is now back in school and we are getting on track for all of that. I can't wait for Fall to get into full swing!

Last Song/MP3 I listened to: So I went to the grocery store tonight. As I was finishing, I started the MP3 "Cassandra Geminni - Faminepulse II" which comes from the middle of this 32 minute epic at the end of The Mars Volta's album Frances the Mute. See, the song was split into 8 parts on the CD pressing due to some rule that Soundscan has (or something?) where if your album only has a certain number of songs, it doesn't count as an LP, it counts as an EP. I'm not sure if this is still a rule that's in effect or if it's just folklore or what, but that is the reason I heard given for why that last song was split up like that.

Last TV show I watched: Well, I watched some of an episode of Teen Mom with K tonight, but the last FULL EPISODE of a show that I watched was the latest episode of Awkward. which continues to amaze me with the surprising comedy that it can muster up. The episode was called "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" (there aren't links to individual episodes and Hulu is waaayyy behind on the episodes it has available).

Last Movie I watched: We rekindled our relationship with Netflix sometime last week. We made Snickerdoodles and had hoped to watch "Betty and Veronica" which is the episode of Veronica Mars in which she makes Snickerdoodles and when we originally watched the series, we first made Snickerdoodles (and I had my first taste of a Snickerdoodle, ever) after watching that episode. BUT Veronica Mars isn't on Netflix anymore. Boo. So, instead, we watched Morning Glory which is a lot better than I thought it would be. Although, I felt like Harrison Ford was a LITTLE stiff for a lot of the movie and Diane Keaton wasn't used enough. But Rachel McAdams was GREAT.

Last Written Work I read: You guys, I'M CAUGHT UP WITH NEW YORKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished the most recent issue yesterday. I submitted to the caption contest, I voted on the nominees of the other caption contest that's going on. It was great and I feel so nice being caught up like that! So, I decided to work on my Star Wars books. I am currently reading the relatively new book Darth Plagueis which is telling the story of the guy who trained the guy who would be the Emperor in the movies. It's really good so far. And I have checked it out of the library onto my Kindle app on my iPad and iPhone so I have lots of opportunities to read it. 

So it was a big month for Media! Next month, TV shows will be in full swing, so there might be some interesting things to talk about there!!

No comments: