Monday, July 30, 2012

Southbound Drive - Agnes




As I type this on my new laptop, I feel like this is the beginning of a new chapter in my blogging life. I am stoked about writing about music and I feel like fate handed me a fantastic band to kick things off with.

Lucas from Southbound Drive was basically the last person to email me regarding featuring music before I got the laptop and so his band is the first I decided to tackle.

I talked a little about this on yesterday's podcast, but I originally played the album in the wrong order. When this happened on a No Use For a Name album a couple years ago, it really threw off my desire to hear the album. Not so with Agnes. Each song on this album is fantastic in its own right.

The songs are varied, but still cohesive and each time I listen to Agnes, I feel like I've discovered a lost alternative gem from 1996.

Southbound Drive - South By Way of Hell from Agnes

Finally, here's a Making Of the Album video featuring the last song on the album "The Courthouse" (aka what I thought was the opening track. It would also make a killer opening track):

So, if you listened to the mp3 and video I posted above and you listen to the first 8 or so minutes of Countdown #113, you should have a good idea of what's on this great album. So go pick it up!

You can pick Agnes up at CD Baby or on iTunes

No comments: