Thursday, June 2, 2011

BLUE BIRD!

So, when I put on the Metamorphosis EP by Blue Bird, I know that I'm not going to hear just one band. The Omaha-based band moves fluidly from gospel to rock to girl group with such grace that, even after many listens, I'm still caught off-guard. One example of this fluidity occurs at 3:03 of "Everything Can Change" and it never fails to give me goosebumps. This is surely a band to keep your eyes and ears on.

Blue Bird - Everything Can Change from Metamorphosis EP (which you can download for FREE over at their Soundcloud site )

They're on tour this summer and I would highly recommend you get out and see them!


6/25 Red Sky pre-festival showcase (venue TBA), Omaha NE
6/26 Big V's, Minneapolis MN
6/27 Elbo Room, Chicago IL
6/28 Wilbert's, Cleveland OH
6/29 Labyrinth, Jamestown NY
6/30 Hennessey's Hooley House, Boston MA
7/1 Pianos, New York NY
7/2 National Underground, New York NY
7/3 TBA, Philadelphia PA
7/5 TBA, Washington DC
7/6 Elliott's Revue, Winston-Salem NC
7/7 Rye Bar, Athens GA
7/8 TBA, Nashville TN
7/9 TBA, St. Louis MO

No comments: