Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 2015 Media Update




Last Thing I Watched: I'm catching up on the most recent season of The Simpsons. So the last one I watched was one called "Waiting for Duffman". It was very good. An interesting look at the popularity of alcohol consumption and what it means to advertise beer and stuff.


Last Thing I Read: Last month this section was a piece from the New Yorker by Oliver Sacks. This month, the last thing I read was from his book The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat. It's a very good, interesting read. It's not a quick read, which can be frustrating, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot.


Last Thing I Listened To: The ACTUAL last thing I listened to was something on the Comedy Central SiriusXM station where Emily Gordon, Kumail Nanjiani, and Jonah Ray talking about their tv show that is based on their comedy night that they do. It was interesting.

But I can't play a clip of that or whatever, so we'll listen to what I heard right before I started listening to them talk: Rolling Stones "Honky Tonk Women" which is a fun song and also plays a key role in Stephen King's 11/22/63.

Things I'm Seeing on the Internet: People are still talking about the Supreme Court ruling on Same-Sex Marriage and also about the Confederate flag controversy.

No comments: