Thursday, April 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday: 1982

Well once again we find ourselves in the chart data desert, desperate for an oasis. But seriously, it looks like we've reached that part I warned you about where Billboard's site doesn't have the chart data anymore, so we're going to have to rely on Wikipedia's records of the Number One albums for the week in question. I guess I'm going to figure out a format and then stick with it?

Haha the number one album this week in 1982 was Vangelis's soundtrack to Chariots of Fire. Stuart, if you're cleaning your place right now, your cleaning just got a whole lot more epic.


Tracklist:

1. Titles


2. Five Circles
3. Abraham's Theme
4. Eric's Theme
5. 100 Metres
6. Jerusalem
7. Chariots of Fire

Couple of things.

First, I love that the guy is smoking while making this soundtrack for this movie about Olympic runners.

Second, I guess it's better to label the video "Chariots of Fire" from Chariots of Fire as opposed to "Titles".

And third, this song went to #1 on the Hot 100, after climbing the chart for 5 months., nestled right in between "I Love Rock n Roll" and "Ebony and Ivory" because sometimes the charts are weird.

No comments: