Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: 1991

10. Paul Simon - Rhythm of the Saints



     1. The Obvious Child

   
     2. Can't Run But
     3. The Coast
     4. Proof
     5. Further to Fly
     6. Shem Moves On
     7. Born at the Right Time
     8. The Cool, Cool River
     9. Spirit Voices
   10. The Rhythm of the Saints

I don't know very much about this album, but I wanted to feature it here because I feel like I've never given it a fair shake. You see, when I would visit my dad and stepmom in Boston, I would occasionally want to listen to "You Can Call Me Al" from Graceland, but they didn't have that album. They HAD had it on vinyl, but I was seeking it in the mid- to late-90's when their vinyl was gone (It took up a LOT of space). What they did have, was a copy of this album on cassette. And so this album has always reminded me of disappointment and second-bestness. But from what I've heard, it sounds pretty fantastic. Maybe it is second best to Graceland, but that's still pretty great.

9. Wilson Phillips - Wilson Phillips
8. AC/DC - The Razor's Edge
7. Bette Midler - Some People's Lives
6. Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight
5. M.C. Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em
4. The Simpsons - The Simpsons Sing the Blues
3. Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
2. Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey
1. Vanilla Ice - To the Extreme

No comments: