Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 2015 Media Update



Last Thing I Watched: Ok I just noticed that I've changed this from the last year I did media updates. I think (and yeah, I could go back and look, but I'm not going to, so there.) that I had this category separated into TV and movies. So like one answer for TV and one for movies. This is an interesting difference. Ok, so the last thing I watched was an episode of the television show Stalker called "Tell All". This show is by Kevin Williamson who did Dawson's Creek, the Scream series, and The Following. All very popular in our household. This show is very good, too. Less intense than The Following and less bloody than Scream.


Last Thing I Read: Plowing through books this year. The plan is that I'm not buying or otherwise acquiring any new books this year, but rather reading books already on my shelves. Selected via Random Number Generator, of course. I have allowed myself 3 mulligans: the new Veronica Mars book (which I read earlier this month) and the second two books in the Millennium Trilogy (You know, the one that starts with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo). So if the RNG comes up with a book I'm not into, I can read a mulligan, but once I am out of mulligans, I have to either read the book or give it up. Like donate it or sell it or give it away. Right now I'm about 2/3 of the way through George Carlin's "sortabiography" Last Words. Very enjoyable and interesting read!


Last Thing I Listened To: I listened to the new Doomtree album on my drive home from work tonight. I believe the last song I heard was "Heavy Rescue" although the song that follows it might have started as I was pulling into the driveway. I'm enjoying the new album a lot, though there is a lot to sort through. I'm really looking forward to seeing them perform these songs on the 14th!

Things I'm Seeing On the Internet: Let's see. People gearing up for the Super Bowl (whether that means picking sides or showing just how intensely they don't care about sports.) Yeah I guess that's the only really running theme I've seen recently. This category will be interesting to read in 2016 and beyond.

No comments: