Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Countdown with another close call!


Did I almost forget about this week's countdown? No. Did I almost not get it recorded? Yes. That happened. Sometimes having a life outside of the blog is so inconvenient! ;-)

Big shoutout to Having Said That in this episode. Let's just say I tried something. I don't know if it's something i'm going to continue to try or what. I guess we'll have to see.

This one starts slow and builds up a good head of steam. Enjoy!


***Featuring***
The Black Keys
Bon Iver
fun. featuring Janelle Monae
Gotye featuring Kimbra
Grouplove
Imagine Dragons
Linkin Park
M83
Neon Trees
Of Monsters and Men
Silversun Pickups

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great music selection. See! Other people on Having Said That love music as well! But yeah, Alan is the only music writer. (He didn't write about Of Monsters and Men though, just in case you still wondered. Heather and I love that album, so point us.) Anyway, thanks so much for talking about our site. Now if you excuse me I have to go deflate Alan's ego.

James! said...

Lauren! Great to hear from you, too. Have you heard any Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes? How does the OMAM album compare to them?

Lauren said...

Other than "Home" and "40 Day Dream" I don't know if I could sit down and listen to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. I prefer the vocals from Of Monsters and Men honestly and most of their songs off My Head is an Animal make me smile.

My sister (she writes on our site too - book reviews mostly) actually introduced me to both of those, as well as The Head and the Heart. Do you listen to them at all? Their album is also pretty great, with "Rivers and Roads" and "Winter Song" being the two I go back to the most.

Other than those I've been listening to Meg Myers a lot right now. Check out "Monster." If you like that you can download her full EP off her site for free.

James! said...

I will definitely check out Meg Myers.

And I will stop thinking of OMAM as a poor man's ESATMZ :)

I don't know THATH, but i've heard amazing things.

I'll check 'em out on Daytrotter :)