Friday, June 1, 2012

June 2012 Media Update


This first of the month finds me down in Virginia Beach because today my sister graduated from High School! And you can look for a special Flashback Countdown in honor of that on Sunday morning!


Last Song/MP3 I listened to: I pulled out my old CD case for the road trip, because we took K's car and it doesn't have an iPod jack. So the last song I listened to was from a mix a friend made me for my 21st birthday which was two discs of 21 tracks each about drinking and alcohol. The last song that played was "Blood and Whiskey" by the Dropkick Murphys from their "The Gang's All Here" album

Last TV show I watched: It's season finale season, and the last thing we watched last night was the finale for Cougar Town (an hour long episode called "My Life/Your World"). You guys, if you liked Scrubs, you really need to watch this show. It's moving to TBS in early 2013, so check it out.

Last Movie I watched: We actually went to the MOVIES you guys. It was a couple of weekends ago for our anniversary. We went and saw The Hunger Games. I enjoyed it. I felt like I came to the movie with the exact right amount of familiarity. I'd read the series but it had been a while so I had forgotten the finer details.

Last Written Work I read: So my New Yorker kick has continued throughout the month of May and now I'm on the last issue of 2010, in the middle of the Fiction piece which is by George Saunders and is called "Escape From Spiderhead". I'm really excited to be reading the New Yorker right now because now I'm able to read on the iPad app. Its so cool. There are all sorts of extra stuff along with the articles. If you subscribe to the magazine and have an iPad, I can't recommend this app enough. 

And that's it for this month! See you around!

No comments: