Monday, January 9, 2012

MacGyver Mondays: Intro



So, on Twitter the other day, I asked if anyone had any opinions about me starting a feature on my blog where I watch and talk about each MacGyver episode. One person said that they were PRO that idea and so here we are.

MacGyver (god it's going to get annoying capitalizing that "G". don't be surprised if that stops very quickly. like, before this post is done, quickly.) is one of those shows that I "grew up" on. I have a very vivid memory of being in the TV Room/Office in our house in Nebraska, watching MacGyver, and eating Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles until I puked. Literally. So, that's fun.

The other show in this vein is Quantum Leap. If I enjoy doing this with MacGyver (see, now I'm capitalizing just to spite myself.), maybe I'll do QL, too! (Ooh. I like the abbreviatability of that...QL) It's two seasons less and it's TIME TRAVEL.

But back to MacGyver. Don't worry. There's time travel in MacGyver. Near the end, but still.

So, I will build up a slew of these and then each Monday, you can enjoy reading me watching MacGyver. It'll be great.

It's 139 episodes plus 2 movies. So that's almost 3 years!

I just decided that I'm going to post this Intro and then start posting next Monday. Who knows? Maybe I'll decide that it warrants a Saturday showing, as well. We'll see. For now, I'll see you next Monday for "Pilot"!

No comments: