Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Russian Roulette (Blog Version) - 2nd Round

The second round of our game of Russian Roulette goes to:

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Low Down Man from Perennial Favorites (buy)

I feel like this a little bit more risky than the first round. It's a song by a band from the 90's as opposed to the 60's and they might be on the "master list" somewhere

Perennial Favorites came out in 1998 and was the first SNZ album I had an official copy of. (My cousin had made me a tape of Hot which I practically played into the ground.) This is one of the songs on the album sung by the beautiful-voiced Katharine Whalen. It's so gorgeous. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it could be Billie Holiday singing this song. It's that beautiful.

1 comment:

supermom27 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.