Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Anybody's Guess

So about a day ago, Fat Mike (bassist for NOFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, head of Fat Wreck Chords) tweeted, "New Gimmes record is almost done, and let me say its like nothing we've ever done before. I don't know if that's a good thing or not"

And it got my mind reeling about what it could be....and I'm stumped. So far, they've done:

Have a Ball (70's covers)
Are a Drag (Showtunes Covers)
Blow in the Wind (60's covers)
Take a Break (African-American Covers)
Love Their Country (Country Covers) (Still one of my favorite album titles ever)
Go Down Under (Australian Covers)

So the problem is that there have been so many punk cover albums (Punk Goes...Metal, 80's, 90's, Pop, Crunk, Classic Rock) that it boggles my mind what they could be up to.

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Scottish Covers would be my pick. Disco could be fun. Heavy Metal, too.

James! said...

All of those would be amazing.