Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some Call It Rough, But It's Beautiful

So King Post Kitsch released a new FREE EP today. It's called "Some Call It Hell, But It's Home" and I don't normally quote directly from the press for the release, but if I tried to summarize, I couldn't word it half as well. Here's what's on the BandCamp page (where you can download the album for free!):

"Well I first recorded a bunch of acoustic songs on a four track to listen back and get a feel for where they should go. I then tried to re-record them with more guitars, vocals, harmonicas, melodicas, percussion... but they didn’t really improve on the rough demos. So here are three of those songs, complete with tape-hiss, scuffs, fumbles and additional vocals on 'Riverbank' from a seagull who was outside my window."

Despite this description, these are three beautiful and delicate songs. My favorite is "Rebecca" but that may just be personal preference.

In addition to this release, King Post Kitsch has a single called, "Don't You Touch My Fucking Honeytone", coming out on 7" on May 16th. That's a single from a forthcoming album The Party's Over which will come out on June 13th on Song, By Toad Records

You should get everything thing that King Post Kitsch releases. I certainly plan to.

No comments: