Sunday, January 23, 2011

U.S. Royalty: Destined to become....well, you know...

So my brother-in-law asks me if I've heard of a local band called U.S. Royalty. His friend wants him to go to a show in D.C. and he can't check them out at work. So I check them out. And holy cow. This is why I love music and the internet.

Their debut album Mirrors (actually, the first r is backwards, but I don't know how to do that.) comes out on Tuesday (1/25) and I highly suggest you pick it up. They have said they're very influenced by Fleetwood Mac and I can hear it, but really, especially with this song I've posted below, they sound more like what I wish the new Kings of Leon stuff had sounded like. It's catchy as hell and it has guitar parts that are somehow bitchin' AND mellow.

They have two songs available in various places. I'm going to post the more difficult song to find. Also, I like it slightly better. The other one, "Equestrian", is available on their website. I'll be playing that song on my podcast this week, too.

U.S. Royalty - Monte Carlo from Mirrors

Here's the thing about this album. It doesn't even matter if the rest of the songs don't stack up to these two. But somehow, I have a feeling that they will.

You'll be able to get the album from basically anywhere you buy music on the internet. eMusic, Amazon, the band's website

No comments: