Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ebay: Making Dreams Come True


So, I think The Smashing Pumpkins (or just Smashing Pumpkins, if you prefer, which I do) are probably my favorite band. There are lots of bands that have made 2nd place, but I've liked SP longer than any non-Beatles band and I feel like they've made diverse enough music that I can listen to them in lots of moods. Also, I feel like saying "The Beatles" as your favorite band is kind of a cop-out. Maybe this is me being...something, but yeah. The Beatles are sort of not even in the running for the category. What do you think?
Anyways, I've been getting a bunch of Smashing Pumpkins stuff on eBay and that includes the The Aeroplane Flies High box set pictured above. This set has all the singles from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness with all the songs that any of the singles were released with. So, lots of songs from a really great era of the band. I'm very pleased to have it sitting right next to me here.
In other news, I'm not going to be contributing to the Contrast Podcast this week (Theme: Ice Cream) but I have been working on my mix to send for the Contrast Podcast CD Exchange. Very exciting. I don't think she reads this blog, but I hope the person who's getting my mix will enjoy it! I'll be sure to post about the CD I get when I get it.
Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Natsthename said...

cool! Good luck with your SP collecting!

I've been burned on ebay, so I quit looking there for anything.

Looking forward to the swap; it's a lot of fun. Lets see how we do!