Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Powering through.

Now is right about the time that I start giving up on resolutions.


I'm feeling very tired from a very busy and hectic workweek and I'm in that place where it's like "I know I should update this, but I don't have access to any of my music and what am I going to talk about and I'm tired and blah blah blah."


But I'm going to power through. I really like blogging and I really like to read other people's blogs. Oh! By the way, thanks to everyone who's said that they like my wallpaper. I feel so domestic and homey and I really didn't do anything but check a box! If only interior designing were this easy!


I just finished reading this amazing book! It's called "Love is a Mixtape" but it may as well have been called "Love is a Mixtape, James." It's totally what I would want my book to turn out to be if I set out to try to express a part of my life and how music was there through every step. Seriously, guys. You need to go check it out.






I was even thinking about doing a sort of chain letter in booklending. Like I could get a list of people interested in reading it here on the site and I could send it to the first person on the list and they could send it to the next, etc., etc. What would you think about that? Might be kind of cool!

Wow, see? It just takes a little bit of writing to open the floodgates and have cool ideas shooting all around! Fun!

Here's a couple of sites you should go check out:

- Contrast Podcast - This week's theme is "Letters and Postcards" and it's a very cool theme. I think I'm going to post the track I picked and maybe one or two songs I dug from the 'cast, but we'll wait until the power cord arrives.

-WOXY Radio - This is a cool internet radio station that my friend Mer told me to listen to and boy am I glad she did! They play a good mix of indy rocky kind of stuff. (AKA mostly bands that people who are a lot cooler than me like and listen to)

And that's it for me for a while! Have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best post yet!