Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 2015 Media Update

Alright, so this is a little out of date. These are all "the last..." things from 11/30. That's how these things work. I talk about the last thing I [verb] on the last day of the month. It's just that...well, we'll get to it. Right...now.



Last Thing I Watched - See, there's this show called Jessica Jones on Netflix and I have been watching that with pretty much all of my free time. The episode I was watching at the turn of the month was called "Top Shelf Perverts" because Jessica was trying to get locked in SuperMax prison. I'd recommend it to anyone that's ok with some language and violence. If you're pretty ok with it, this show was great (I finished it last night).

Last Thing I Listened To:

I love this song. I should revisit the Blue album. I think I will!

)

Last thing I Read - I'm currently reading a Pulitzer prize winner called Gilead and it's a very interesting read. It's super dry, but it makes me miss my Midwestern relatives. There's a lot of consideration about God and faith and predestination and stuff. I'm glad that I'm reading it now and not 5 years ago, because I don't know if it would have held my interest.


Things I've Been Seeing on the Internet: Lots of people posting about Thanksgiving, Lots of people posting about Christmas. Often they were relating these holidays to the Syrian refugee situation. In the days since the turn of the month, there have been a bunch of shootings, so I'm also seeing a lot of rhetoric about gun control. Which is always a civil discussion..................

..........

Ok. I'm going to spend the month of December considering whether I want to continue these into 2016. If you have any thoughts one way or the other, leave a comment!

2 comments:

Allston Branch said...

Well..so..If you didn't do this blog anymore, what would you do instead???
That's the key question. What would you do to give yourself a creative outlet and a connection to a community?
I think it could be a good thing to move on to something else, but I certainly think it's a good thing to spend December contemplating it!

James! said...

Oh big misunderstanding! I am in no way thinking of ending the blog! It's just the media update feature. I did it a couple of years ago and then took off a couple years. But I kind of like it as a log of what I'm into. We'll see :)

Thank you so much for your kind words about the blog :) :)