Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Festive Fifty 2008 Top Ten

Each day this week, in anticipation of the deadline for voting on the Festive Fifty 2012 Shortlist, I'll be listening to the Contrast Podcast Festive Fifties of yore (2012's will be the 6th!) and trying to track down the videos of the Top 5!


By the 2nd year of the Festive Fifty, I was ready. I had my list set to go before the call came for submissions and I even knew a lot of the songs on the shortlist! This was the year when I actually found new bands to love having only heard them on the Festive Fifty. I'm thinking specifically of Frightened Rabbit.


You can listen to the 2008 Festive Fifty here: (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)

10. Portishead - The Rip
9. MGMT - Electric Feel
8. British Sea Power - No Lucifer
7. Flight of the Conchords - Business Time
6. British Sea Power - Waving Flags

5. Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma


4. Okkervil River - Lost Coastlines


3. Elbow - Grounds for Divorce


2. MGMT - Time to Pretend


1. Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal


No comments: