Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2012 Media Update

Oh no! I forgot to do this today! Haha, usually I remember before the clock has struck midnight, but no dice today. Oh well. Most of you probably aren't awake yet and it's still the 1st on the west coast!


Last Song/MP3 I listened to: Well the good thing is that I spent much of tonight listening to music, so I know EXACTLY what I was just listening to. It was The Hood Internet - Passion Pit x Juvenile "Back that Sleepyhead Up" from The Mixtape Volume Four. ALTHOUGH, let's see what the last thing I listened to on the 1st was...Ok. Right at midnight, I finished "Black Dice" from the new Death Grips album. It's appropriate because today (meaning Oct 1) they leaked their own album to spite Columbia, who they recently signed with. The scuttlebutt is that Columbia shut down their website, so they released a whole bunch of links all over the place to get it. Here's one (you can stream it to check it out first. Then click on the down arrows on the right of each song to DL them). Oh, and the cover is WAY NSFW (I don't use that phrase that often, so just so we're clear, it means NOT SAFE FOR WORK). 

Last TV show I watched: TV premiere week was two weeks ago and we're still catching up from that. The last show I watched SHOULD have been the Season 1 Finale of MacGyver for MacGyver Mondays, but it wasn't. I need to get my butt in gear on that front. It was the second episode of the current season of Parks and Recreation. And it was lovely. As usual. :)

Last Movie I watched: This past weekend, we were in VA Beach visiting grandparents and attending Disney on Ice which my daughter loved. It was a pretty good production. But, after that, we went home and watched That Thing You Do! which is one of my all-time favorites. So many great aspects. From the music, to the comedy, to the romantic story. Love love love it.

Last Written Work I read: The last thing I read was a poem in this week's issue of The New Yorker. It's called "A Short History of Communism and the Enigma of Surplus Value" and it's by Thomas Sleigh. It's a pretty intense, thick poem, but I liked the parts about the tractor that he learned how to use. Haha. There was a lot more to it than just that, though :)

Ok. Next month, I PROMISE not to be late :)

No comments: