Thursday, September 3, 2009

Podcast

So, I have this microphone. And this software program named Audacity. Well, I suppose the program isn't NAMED Audacity. That's like saying my name is "Human".....

Anyways.

If I record my voice and have some songs in between stretches of me talking about things, and then I save it to a file sharing site and post it on here, is that a podcast?

How do you get it to show up on iTunes?

What are the legalities involved with playing songs on a podcast (What can I get away with?)

I think I would be interested in doing something like this, but I need more info...

2 comments:

taber said...

I think that's a terrific idea. Do it!

I dug around a little, and found your key to making this happen without anything too complicated. You can create a podcast feed that people can subscribe to in iTunes or whatever by posting on Blogger following the instructions in this tutorial. You already have a Blogger account, so you can skip a few steps, but check your settings as far as how post the files, and follow the instructions on setting up FeedBurner (that's the important part).

As far as the legalities, they're iffy, but you can always just go by the policy on your blog sidebar and just take stuff down if anyone asks. :)

James! said...

Thanks Andrew!