Sunday, March 22, 2009

Three things!

1. There are still several spots left on the mix CD I'm making. Don't be shy :) It's going to be fun! I've used my random integer generator (well it's not mine, but I use it when I need random numbers) to generate my two letters. Should I tell you what they are? ;-)

2. So, apparently, Bob Dylan is going to be releasing an album on April 28th (in America) called Together Through Life. Awesome :) Modern Times was so good and I'm hoping this is just as awesome. It seems like it just randomly showed up, though. I kind of like that though, it's like a nice little surprise.

3. Warped Tour this year. I'm pretty sure my sister doesn't read this (or know about it), so I feel confident that I won't be giving anything away if I spill the beans on here. It's my sister's 15th birthday on 4/1 and I thought it would be a fun gift to give her tickets to her first Warped Tour (and really first concert). So that's the plan. So, here is a list of the bands scheduled to play that I'm excited to see (of course the list of dates that these bands are playing hasn't been posted yet, so it might be that some of the following won't be there at our venue.

*Anti-Flag
*Bad Religion
*Big D and the Kids Table (I've actually only heard a couple of songs by these guys, but I like what I hear and hey, it's a nice Boston ska band, what more can you ask for?)
*Bouncing Souls
*Escape the Fate (a buddy of mine just turned me on to these guys. The song "We Won't Back Down" is one of my current jams (and I would post it here, but I'm typing from my bedroom and the portable hard drive is in my office. If you can't find it, email me and I'll see that you get it)
*Flogging Molly
*Less than Jake (they WILL play "Scott Farcas Takes it On the Chin" this time or I swear to God, they'll regret it. No, I'm not making a threat. It's just that this will be like the 5th or 6th time seeing them and they've NEVER played it and I REALLY want them to!)
*NOFX
*Streetlight Manifesto
*The Ataris
*Thrice

The other thing is, unless they've changed the way they do it, they pick the schedule for each venue the morning of the show, so it could be that there are conflicts that will prevent me from seeing some of those. Also, my sister has bands that she wants to see that aren't listed above. So I'm hoping to get a good post out of this. And some good sibling bonding :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to have to start making threats at Less Than Jake because they'll never play that song unless you do.

James! said...

Yeah, i think you may be right, Andy. But what threat will deliver the message, but won't make them give me a restraining order?

Greer said...

Hey James,

Is there still time for me to get in on your mix cd action?

Also, when I was leaving my CP comments the other day I forgot to mention how cool it was to hear the Beastie Boys! This is pre-Paul's Boutique (it's practically prehistoric) but I first saw them live back in 85 or 86 when I went with some school friends to see a concert by a singer I like to call Madonna- they opened for her.

You're a good big brother :).

James! said...

Greer- There is ABSOLUTELY still room on the mix cd. Plenty of room. Just email me your letters and address :)

That's so cool about you seeing the Beasties! I knew that they opened for Madonna. Was that a weird opening act for her?

Thanks! I try to still be there in her life, even though she lives 4 hours away and is 11 years younger than me. It's tough, but she's turning into a kickass chick, so it's tons of fun :)

Greer said...

About the Beasties/Madonna thing, I didn't really think it was weird but I was young and that was my first real concert. They were definitely like nothing I'd ever seen before though!

I'll send you an email with my letters. Thanks!