Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Watching the Lost finale and posting to my blog...what an age we live in!!

I simply love this show. So much.

Anywho, on to some music. First, some bracket action!

Round 1d:

1. Kanye West vs The Suicide Machines

Kanye West - Champion from Graduation
The Suicide Machines - Did You Ever Get a Feeling of Dread? from A Match and Some Gasoline

2. Bad Religion vs No Use For a Name

Bad Religion - Requiem for Dissent from New Maps of Hell
No Use For a Name - Part Two from Keep Them Confused

Happy Voting! Please vote!

In other news, Weezer has released their Red album. And it's certainly an improvement from their recent efforts. Maladroit was ok. But the Red album almost makes a Blue Album/Pinkerton-esque showing. I'm going to post one track, but I'm saving my favorite track for the end of the year. The funny thing is that I've read some negative reviews of that very track...more on that later.

But here's the track.

Weezer - Troublemaker


Finally, I'm going to start a new feature on this crazy thing. I'm thinking of calling it CP B-sides!

Basically, I will use this feature to allay the anxiety of wanting to post more songs to the Contrast Podcast than I'm allowed to. For instance, this week was Babies. And I submitted this:

Alan Wilkis - Bad Mamma Jamma from Babies Dream Big

but I wanted to submit this, too!:

Barenaked Ladies - Baby Seat from Maroon

and now everyone can enjoy both of them! Hooray Internet!

OK everyone! Have a great week or so!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suicide Machines
No Use For A Name

I've heard the Red album is terrible. I didn't care for Pork and Beans

Anna said...

Why are you only watching the Lost finale now???? I am totally obsessed with that show - my husband and I are are going to watch a season 3 ep tonight in the time Lost is usually on and pretend it's a new one - very sad. As for votes -
Kanye
No Use for a name

James! said...

Andy - The way i look at the red album is this: If they had released a red EP which contained just the first 5 tracks, people would be a lot happier with it. The second half kind of ruins the good start that the first half provides. i was ok with pork and beans, but the other songs are better.

Anna- We've had the last 4 Lost Episodes taped since they aired, but we have basically watched all the other tv that we missed while we were moving (the problem with moving while show's are finale-ing) because lost requires the most attention. and i loved it and it was worth the wait! which season 3 episode did you watch?

Natsthename said...

Suicide Machines
Bad Religion

ANd I love that BNL song, James, and your idea for a CP b-sides.

Greer said...

Kanye
No Use For A Name

Seems like the reviews of the Weezer album are all over the map, nice to hear your thoughts and thanks for the track.

I also really like, and may copy, your idea for CP B-sides. I was really torn between 2 this week :).

Unknown said...

Kanye

I abstain iin the second vote.....

Dirk said...

Holy,

Kanye is utter crap, sorry. Therefore: Suicide Machines for sure. The other one is much more difficult, but I prefer No Use For A Name here.

Cheerio,

Dirk

FiL said...

Suicide Machines and No Use For a Name. And Binky agrees with me.

I'm sure glad I took my Blackberry to the zoo...

Anonymous said...

Suicide Machines and Bad Religion. I want to like No Use For A Name but hate them after their cover of Fairytale of New York. The Bishop had the Kanye CD in his car but I nagged him about 'being one of the kids' so much he threw it away.

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

Am I a tie-breaker? My gut is telling me:

1. Kanye
2. Bad Religion

Say it (is) so.

Anonymous said...

Hey James,

If the vote is still on I go for The Suicide Machines and Bad Religion.

And your site rocks!
Tricia