Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One Year, 100 Albums: #100 Cursive - Domestica


Cursive Domestica, 2000

Starting things off with a loud crash. Like the sound of a dinner plate hitting the wall.

Domestica wasn't the first album I heard by Cursive. It's just the album that I can't stop once I've started. It's raw (probably because it was written right around the time of Tim Kasher's divorce) and loud and sweet and quiet and angry and sad. Oh and it's a concept album with an ambiguous ending!

It's styled as "Cursive's Domestica" on the album cover and on Amazon and all that, but I'm not going to fret about that.

These first two songs start the album and they ended this concert in January 2001:


So I mean yeah. It's chunky and weird and amazing. Definitely check out the whole album if you've never heard it.

I could have picked any song and it would have given you a good idea of what this album is like. I almost picked "A Red So Deep" because I like the drums so much, but then I was listening to the album and this came on and it's a pretty good encapsulation of what's on this album.

Cursive - The Radiator Hums

You can buy the album at Amazon, Amazon MP3, iTunes, or the Saddle Creek webstore

No comments: