Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thrones

So this post is just going to be 3 videos. The first is my favorite song from the collaboration album of Jay-Z and Kanye West: Watch the Throne. It's called "Niggas in Paris"


And I still love that song. I feel like it's different than the rest of the album. And I like that. The next song, however, is I guess a parody of it by Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) that I saw on The Needle Drop today. It's called "Niggas in Poorest"



And I think that is just fabulous, also. I think it's smart and funny and poignant. And it is so very Mos Def.

That part about "Don't Get Caught Up in No Throne" reminded me of No Kings so, once again, here's Doomtree's version of "This Land is Your Land", "Bolt Cutter"



And that's mostly what I've been thinking about today. Rap music.

1 comment:

Greer said...

I had not heard the Mos Def, thank you James! I agree, it's so him. Fantastic.

I'm not sure about the beard though. You know I say that with utmost love and respect.